Sunday, July 19, 2009

Strength and Support

I underwent abdominal surgery recently and I contemplated long and hard on whether to ask my mum to come look after me. Amit and I decided not to make her travel all the way here especially cause Amit's grandmum and aunt were in town and they volunteered to help. As a kid you rely on your parents to nuture you back to health and I often worry how I would do it without them. But I had nothing to worry about as my darling husband took amazing care of me while I was in the hospital and back at home. He made me breakfast in bed on the weekends, made sure I was ok for lunch and also made sure I ate the dinner Nana made everynight. I cant thank him enough for the love and support he has given me in the last four weeks. He also surprised me with this balloon to lift my spirits since my amazing coworkers and friends had already sent me flowers.

No comments: