Thursday, September 30, 2010

What would I do..

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you were diagnosed with Cancer? I find myself asking this question more frequently now than ever. This year has been a rollercoaster – first my aunt, then my dad and now my BIL. I know one thing, if there was even a 10% chance of living I would FIGHT. I would fight for me, for my husband, my parents, my brother – for everyone around me. But I would also LIVE – treasure and enjoy every breath I would take from that day on. I know that no matter how much you think about it nothing prepares you for something like that and thinking/typing this is easier than having to go through it. I am not saying I wouldn’t have bad days – I would cry and wouldnt keep them bottled up. I would share my emotions and be an open book. Because what else can be worse than sharing your fears after you have Cancer right?? (I am sure there can be a few things - but get my point?)

I have been watching this new show on Showtime – the Big C. It’s about a lady, a mother who is diagnosed with cancer and doesn’t have much time to live. She doesn’t tell her son or her separated husband about it. She does some crazy things – buys a new car, cash's out her 401K and starts living. Without knowing she has cancer her actions are straight out loony but knowing it – its beautiful (a little extreme at times). A different kind of beautiful – she indulges in the simple happiness and learns to appreciate the small things.

I don’t wish this upon anyone – so really appreciate what you have today and enjoy it. You never know what the future holds for you.

No comments: