Friday, June 6, 2014

What did I smile about in May!

May is one of my favorite months because we finally get a long weekend. After the holiday season there is a such long gap and we finally get a break in May. The weather is also great and we got to do some fun stuff this month. Hope you are all enjoying some spring weather too.

Date nights - Amit and I managed to get two nights out in a row thanks to my in laws who watched A&A. We went to watch another Mavs game with our friends (this one we won) before losing the series to the Spurs ugh. The following night we spent a fun night with Amit's coworkers in Fort Worth down town.
Austin & Dylan are 2 - our new twin friends turned two and we had a great time at their birthday party. The girls loved the swings and just wanted to sit on them and watch everyone play around them. Thanks for sharing this celebration with us.
 Meet baby Caleb - Brooke brought Caleb to lunch one day so we could see him. Such a sweet boy - he slept through lunch and let me hold him while we ate.
Water table - Its finally warm enough for the girls to enjoy some water fun. I put this table together for them and they loved getting their hands and the deck wet and licking the water. 
Mothers day getaway - Amit planned a weekend getaway for us and we spent the weekend in San Antonio. We spent the day on the golf course and then the girls enjoyed the pool for a little bit. It was a little cold but they refused to get out. It was a great weekend with family and I hope Amit's mum enjoyed it just as much as I did.
Dinner with Saachi - Shaili and Amol came over one evening and we spent some time on the deck with the girls. It was so cute watching the three interact with each other. I hope they grow up to be good friends. 
Walkathon - The BAPS organization held a walkathon in Irving for charity and we got up bright and early and made it out there. The girls had a blast playing with Anika and feel asleep in the stroller while Dadi, Dada and I walked 5K. They woke up just in time for the walk to end and we spent the rest of the day at home relaxing. 
Dinner with the Chaddah's - We were so excited to meet them for dinner one night before we left for Austin. The girls had a blast playing with Samaira and Ariyana.
Austin - We spent memorial day weekend in Austin and finally got to take the girls to the Thinkery. Its such a fun place and would love if they had something like that here in Dallas. We drove Amit's parents through the UT campus and they were amazed with all the changes (the last time they were in Austin was in 2001).It was great to see the Patel's and Desai's.
Seema Masi's surprise visit - the great thing about living so close to DFW and a big American airlines hub is we get a lot of transition visits from our friends that miss their flights and get re routed. Seems got to spend a day with us on her way back from Peru and the girls enjoyed drinking pretend chai and reading Barn yard dance with her.
Birthday and SF girls reunion - Celebrated my birthday with the fam on Wednesday and then flew to SF for our annual reunion. Amit got me these beautiful flowers a day earlier so I could enjoy them for one more day before I left for the weekend. My first weekend trip away from the girls and first reunion trip as a mummy. I think the only reason I dared to go away is because I knew Amit would have the help with his parents around. My MIL had it covered in case Amit couldn't manage the two. I had such a great time with these girls and got to finish celebrating my birthday in Napa enjoying the amazing weather with wine!


No comments: